Cloud Migration Software License Readiness
Partner with a trusted advisor who will guide you risk free into the cloud and save on IT vendor fees
the size of the global cloud computing market by 2020
of organizations cite increased complexity of software licensing due to cloud migrations
The challenge. Cloud migrations can often result in non-compliance of existing IT supplier contracts and software licenses.
The reality. Suppliers will tout Bring Your Own Licensing (BYOL) as a cost benefit, but the onus of maintaining contract compliance always remains with the customer.
- Contracts – not authored with cloud in mind; most require modernization
- Licensing – rules and counting metrics are subject to change in the cloud
- Proliferation – software installs can rapidly grow beyond entitlements without cloud governance
- Tracking – SAM tools aren’t setup to track public cloud vendor deployments
- Compliance – customer remains accountable for its licensing position; cloud audits are coming
The Impact. Being unprepared for your cloud migration can run the risk of violating licensing rights, grants and current entitlements — resulting in significant fees potentially owned to vendors.
Compliance Expertise from On-Prem to the Cloud
By partnering with Connor, your company can identify potential non-compliance issues ahead of any public cloud installations, which can help save you millions of dollars in IT vendor fees. Also, we can provide recommendations on how to best optimize your existing software licenses in any target cloud environment. Connor has deep experience and subject matter expertise in the areas of contract compliance, software audits and public cloud.
& Spend Governance